Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
To learn more about the services we offer for your vehicle, call us at 702-568-5353 or email us.
Just want to extend a BIG thank you to Dave and the entire crew at Sunset Auto for their excellent work on my 2002 Toyota Tundra. They did extensive work getting my 200k+ mile vehicle back in tip top shape and at an excellent price. I highly recommend their skilled services as well as their courteous and professional staff. Your vehicle will definitely be in good hands.
At 67 years old I have experienced my fair share of car dealerships and auto repair. I have been using Sunset Auto Imports for over 6 years and it is fair to say they are by far the most professional and most important..... "trustworthy" auto repair shop I have ever experienced. I have every confidence in their expert advice and service and highly recommend them to anyone looking for professional auto repair!!!!!!!!!
Best auto service I've ever had. I can depend on there recommendations and feel they do a very good job with customer service. Have recommended Sunset Auto Service to many and will continue to do so. I feel they are honest and good at giving you a heads up on services that may be needed in the future.
My wife and I choose to travel nearly 25 miles to get to Sunset Auto. We've tried other mechanic shops closer to where we live, but time and again, only Sunset has proven trustworthy and dependable. Other shops routinely "cry wolf", urging expenditures that need to be made NOW. After getting a second opinion from Sunset about the costly recommendation, it becomes apparent that the other shop is just trying to make a buck off scaring us into thinking that our cars are going to explode. When we do spend 3 or 4 figures on a repair at Sunset, we are confident that the work was warranted and that it was done correctly. They're friendly, straightforward, and I'd not hesitate to recommend them. I only wish they were located closer to the west side of town!!!
My son said I couldn't go anywhere else so I took my car there. What a great experience. They were friendly and their integrity was beyond reproach. They exceeded my every expectation. My car is running perfectly and I am not completely broke.